Collagen Slow Cooker Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Tacos Recipe
Total: 485 min
Portions: 10 portions
750 grams Chicken breast
350 milliliters Pineapple juice
120 milliliters Barbecue sauce (homemade if possible)
80 milliliters Coconut Aminos
60 milliliters Apple cider vinegar
2 Cloves Garlic, peeled and minced
1/2 teaspoon Ginger powder
10 Taco shells, lettuce leaves or tortilla wraps
340 grams Red cabbage, shredded
210 grams Fresh pineapple, diced
165 grams Mango, diced
150 grams Red onion, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons Coriander leaves, chopped
60 milliliters Full-fat coconut milk
2 tablespoons Lime juice
1 tablespoon Hot sauce
1/4 teaspoon Sea salt
2 scoops Vital Proteins® Collagen Peptides
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
- Prepare the Hawaiian BBQ sauce by mixing the pineapple juice, barbecue sauce, coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, garlic, ginger and Collagen Peptides in a large bowl until well combined.
- Pour the sauce all over the chicken breasts. Cover and set the slow cooker on low for 7-8 hours.
- To make the mango pineapple slaw, in a large bowl, add in the shredded cabbage, pineapple, mango, red onion, coriander, coconut milk, lime juice, hot sauce and sea salt. Mix thoroughly and leave covered in the fridge until the chicken is ready.
- Once the chicken is cooked, shred the chicken breasts using two forks.
- Serve the Hawaiian BBQ chicken in taco shells, on top of lettuce leaves or on tortilla wraps, then top with a scoop of the mango pineapple slaw.